Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cracked Like New

Well it is the first week of a brand new year!  I can't believe how quickly time passes by.  Many of you that know me know I could not wait for 2010 to be over.  It was a year I would like to forget.  So I was more than ecstatic to see the clock strike midnight on Jan 1, 2011.  As I reflect back on the experiences of last year there are many lessons to be learned.  It was a year of pain and joy, friendships beginning and friendships ending, sickness, surgeries, health and healing, life and death......the list could go on and on.  All together it was a year that will go down in history as one of the worst of my life.  But I am not trying to start the day off being blue.  What I realize is that all of these things that God allowed me to go through last year are just cracks in the jar of clay that I am in His hands.  I read a devotional every day by Joyce Meyer, "The Confident Woman", and she reminds us that we are to celebrate that we are cracked pots!!  My pot is filled with gaping holes in it from all of the life experiences that have caused wear and tear on it.  But in the center of my pot is the light of Jesus that I pray will shine through the cracks and holes of my pot this year.  If your pot is filled with dirt, let the healing waters of Jesus pour through it and empty it out so your light can shine this year too!!

I felt God calling me to start this blog a few months ago and have been waiting on Him to give me the words to say.  He has!!!  See you soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Liz shared your blog with me. Looking forward to reading! =)

    ReplyDelete