Friday, February 4, 2011

The More Snow, the More Life Lessons

Here in Oklahoma we are seeing record snowfall.  As if 21 inches of beautiful, fluffy white stuff wasn't enough, as I look out my window we are seeing another 5 inches accumulation.  Yesterday I spent most of the day shoveling my driveway, and as I was so diligently working I began to think of how this back breaking work applies to life.  As in most situations, nothing comes for free.  Hard work brings a sense of pride and accomplishment.  I have had a life experience within the MLM Industry that can truly apply to this.  We often heard within our team "Friends do what friends do." Now think about that...... if you had a friend that was addicted to prescription drugs or was an alcoholic, would you join them because "Friends do what friends do?"  I don't think so.  I will always choose to be my own person and let Christ in me guide my every thought and action.  So many people are led by fear and manipulation and I am determined to set a new standard within MLM.  No smoke and mirrors, no dog and pony show and no three ring circus.  It is a wonderful industry when you are partnered with others who share your same vision.  Helping others by putting their needs above yours, is a key factor in seeing success.  So as I look at my driveway (which in now covered with snow again) I can remember the pride I felt yesterday that I shoveled it myself.  Many people in my neighborhood paid $40 or more to have their driveways cleared.  Feels good to know I have an extra $40 in my pocket and that I did it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment